Are you getting a good nights rest? Or do you feel like you spend most of the night tossing and turning, waiting for your alarm to go off? Maybe it’s because you can’t get comfortable. Do you have a memory foam mattress? Some people swear by it, but others say there are some disadvantages.
Memory Foam comes in more than one form: pillows, mattresses, and mattress toppers. It’s made from a substance called viscoelastic, and it comes in different densities and depths. It will evenly distribute your body weight as it molds to your body in response to pressure, and then returns to its original shape once you take the pressure off.
Here are some advantages of sleeping on memory foam, whether it’s a mattress, mattress topper, or even just a memory foam pillow!
1. It adjusts to your body weight and your body heat. It becomes softer as the temperature increases, which helps to give you a good night sleep.
2. It can help prevent you from having spinal problems, or back-aches in the long run, by helping you attain the ideal sleeping position.
3. If you suffer from allergies, memory foam can help alleviate those allergies. The fibers that make up memory foam are inorganic fibers, which prevent allergy causing dust-mites to settle in because they have nothing to thrive on.
Here are a few disadvantages of memory foam!
1. The foam may retain body heat which might make it less comfortable in warm weather.
2. The memory foam mattresses can be very heavy as opposed to a spring mattress.
3. A little on the more expensive side.
Everyone is different, and everyone has different preferences when it comes to choosing the type of mattress they like. If you have been having a hard time getting good sleep and don’t have a memory foam mattress, or pillow, maybe that’s what you are missing in your life. Call E & S Mattress and Furniture today and let us help you get a good nights rest!